There are no entrance exams in our school. All we need is your enthusiasm for playing the piano! 🙂 If you would like to try us out before signing up, or if you want to verify that your child has musical talent and could play the piano, we offer you an introductory lesson of 30 min / 360 CZK for children under 7 years and 45 min / 560 CZK for older children, teenagers and adults. If you are interested in the introductory lesson, please contact us via email.
After the introductory lesson, we will contact you to confirm your interest in signing up for regular piano lessons at our school. If you confirm your interest, we will send you an application form and your teacher will contact you about providing an instrument for your home practisinh.
It is necessary to start regular lessons within 14 days of the introductory lesson. If you do not start within 14 days, we will offer the free slot to other interested people.
There is a one-time registration fee of 1000 CZK when you sign up for our school. The fee is non-refundable. If more members from one family (parents, grandparents, siblings) are registered for Piano School Prague, a registration fee of 200 CZK is charged for the second and each other family member.
Registration fee includes
- all the administrative tasks associated with your attendance to our school
- personal assistance of your teacher in the selection of a suitable acoustic instrument for your home practice – for this purpose it is advisable to either borrow the instrument (we recommend the Czech Music Fund), or buy it (we recommend Piano Classic store in Benatky nad Jizerou)
- printing of sheet music and other materials to aid your lessons
- our school’s workbook for every new school year for writing notes from lessons, school bag to carry your music
- everyone will receive Piano Box of Chocolates, a collection of piano pieces aimed at 1st-3rd year of piano play (common price of the collection is 499 CZK)
Tuition for School Year 2020/2021
We offer a wholesome piano course in the lenght of 1 school year. In case of your succesfull attendance for the whole school year we award a certificate.
1st term: 1. 9. 2020 – 31. 1. 2021, 2nd term: 1. 2. 2020 – 30. 6. 2021
|Lesson duration 1x weekly||30 min (children up to 7 years)||45 min||60 min||90 min|
|Half-years Tuition (18 lessons)||7 200 CZK||10 800 CZK||14 400 CZK||19 800 CZK|
|Half-years Tuition – 2 installments||2x 3 700 CZK||2x 5 500 CZK||2x 7 300 CZK||2x 10 000 CZK|
Displayed prices are final.
- We offer piano classes in these languages: Czech, English, German, French, Russian. (Disclaimer: the focus of the lesson from the teacher’s side is teaching the piano, not the language, therefore we do not offer language lessons, we offer piano lessons in the aforementioned languages. Thank you for your understanding.)
- Payment of lesson fees can only be made by bank transfer. We do not accept payment by card or cash, thank you for your understanding.
- Lessons are held regularly once a week according to the agreed schedule always on the same day and time.
- The lesson fee is payable always before the beginning of each new period according to the date stated on the invoice. If the invoice is not paid by the due date, the piano lesson will be passed on to other candidates.
- Signing up for the introductory lesson follows the same payment rules as our regular lessons.
Which Lesson Length Should You Choose?
- 30-minute lessons are offered to young children aged 5-7 years. Playing the piano is very demanding in terms of concentration, we have great experience with the fact that small children can handle this length of the lesson very well. After the age of 7, the lessons will be increased to 45 minutes in the following school year.
- 45-minute lessons are our standard length lessons used by most of our students.
- 60-minute lessons are more intensive extended lessons for our students who want to play more challenging repertoire, prepare for concerts, various piano exams or piano competitions.
- 90-minute lessons are for advanced pianists who are preparing for entrance exams at conservatories or other schools, or for students interested in intensive classes. For these lessons we accept students with more intensive home preparation.
- If you are interested in more intensive lessons, please contact the school management. We enable this form of teaching individually based on the free capacity of our school and our teachers, as well as on the basis of the set teaching objectives.
Piano Requirements for Home Practice
CHILDREN up to 14 years of age
Dear Parents, in order to enroll your children in our piano classes, we require that an acoustic piano is provided for your home practice. Our methodology of teaching children is based on the most modern requirements of piano pedagogy, and unfortunately we are not able to guarantee you high quality teaching without an acoustic tool for home practising. Therefore, we do not accept children who do not have acoustic piano at home, only electronic substitutes, into our classes.
Electronic pianos are totally unsuitable for a small child’s hand; they do not build the technique of playing with the whole arm from the shoulder to the fingertips that is necessary to create a singing piano tone. Due to the absence of strings that sound overtones in an acoustic instrument, electronic pianos do not develop hearing. Children practicing on electronic instruments have weak fingers, stiff arms and are faced with a variety of problems in their piano classes.
On the other hand, children who have the opportunity to practice on acoustic instruments develop optimally from the beginning of their teaching both in technical and musical terms, achieve better results and create a much stronger emotional bond to the instrument. In order to provide the highest level of service and to teach your children to play the piano beautifully, we need your support and cooperation in providing a quality home exercise tool for your children. We will be happy to help you choose the right acoustic instrument. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Dear adults, we also prefer for you to practice on an acoustic piano at home. It is only on the acoustic instrument that we can help you discover all of its dynamic, sound and color options, and take care of the technical and musical aspects of your play professionally. However, we are willing to accept you to teach at our school, even if you practice the digital upright piano at home (beware, not the keyboard, which we do not consider to be the optimal solution).
The methodology of teaching adults is different from that of teaching children. While a small child’s hand necessarily needs a classical acoustic instrument from the outset to allow children to develop optimally in musical and technical terms, the adult hand is strong and has a sufficient margin. Although nothing is equal to playing acoustic instruments, and we are happy to help you choose the right acoustic instrument for you, we also accept high-quality digital upright pianos.
For more details about the classes, please read our Terms and Conditions, which can be found in the footer of the page below. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.